Monday, August 13, 2012

Cherries and Kirsch

A photograph of a Cherry and Kirsch cake
Cherries and Kirsch


I haven't uploaded any posts on off camera flash since the end of my project 52 last year so decided to do one over the weekend. The subject was a Cherry and Kirsch cake that my wife had baked. I didn't have too much time to shoot it so Opted to use one strobe to light it.

Lighting diagram/setup shot after the jump.
The lighting setup used to photograph a cherry and Kirsch cake
Lighting setup - Cherries and Kirsch

A straight forward one light setup was used to shoot this. The light source was a Canon 430 EX II fired at 1/16th into a reflective umbrella. I gelled the flash with a 1/2 CTO to warm up the light a bit.  The light from the flash was reflected back onto the cake off a white plate which was placed just out of frame on the left.

I used the Canon 7D and the 50mm F1.8 lens to shoot this.





Share on Facebook
Post a Comment