Sunday, July 1, 2012

Gladeye Bushbrown - Sinharaja, Sri Lanka

A photograph of a glad eye bushbrown taken in Sinharaja, Sri Lanka
Gladeye Bushbrown (Mycalesis patnia) - Sinharaja, Sri Lanka

The Gladeye Bushbrown was one of the smaller butterflies that I photographed during the two days I spent in Sinharaja last July. As with most species of butterfly in Sinharaja, they were not hard to find. A number of them were flying around the path which leeds from the office to the main gate and seemed to be accustomed to the presence of people.

More photographs inside.

A photograph of a glad eye bushbrown taken in Sinharaja, Sri Lanka
Gladeye Bushbrown (Mycalesis patnia) - Sinharaja, Sri Lanka

I had the 100 - 400mm lens on the Canon 7D when I came across these butterflies. Unfortunately the lighting conditions were not the best and I had to bump up the ISO to 2000 to be able to use a decent shutter speed. I was also hand-holding the camera which didn't make things any easier.

A photograph of a glad eye bushbrown taken in Sinharaja, Sri Lanka
Gladeye Bushbrown (Mycalesis patnia) - Sinharaja, Sri Lanka

Just a quick apology for not updating the blog in about 3 weeks. We've just moved house and I didn't have access to the internet until yesterday. I was pretty surprised to hear that it took so long to get an internet connection. I mean its all done remotely and the infrastructure is in place so why do service providers need 10-20 days???

The blog will be updated on a regular basis from now on.





Share on Facebook
Post a Comment