Sunday, July 8, 2012

Another set of skylines - Sydney, Australia

A photograph of the Sydney skyline taken after sunset
The Skyline - Sydney, Australia

I took the camera for another outing this evening and photographed the Sydney skyline from a different perspective. I've been looking for a location from which to shoot the skyline, without buildings obstructing the view, and hadn't had much luck until today. I found this place in the morning and went back there just after sunset to shoot these photographs.

More shots inside.

A photograph of the Sydney skyline taken after sunset
Stream of Traffic - Sydney, Australia

The first photograph on this post is an eight image stitch. It' wasn't too easy to take panoramic photograph as there were trees obscuring the bottom of the frame. In hindsight I should have started shooting a bit earlier to get a deep blue sky but as usual, there's always next weekend!

A photograph of the Sydney skyline taken after sunset
The Skyline - Sydney, Australia

I wasn't sure whether to upload the photograph above to be honest. Although I liked the skyline, the colour of the sky and the lights, The foreground was a bit too dark in my opinion. I'd like to know what you think so please let me know in the comments section.

A photograph of the Sydney skyline taken after sunset
The Skyline - Sydney, Australia

These photographs were taken with the Canon 7D and the 100-400mm lens. I had to push the ISO up to 400 to bring out the colour of the sky. I didn't have the remote trigger with me so I couldn't shoot in bulb mode. and drop the ISO to 100. The shutter speed for all these photographs was around 30 seconds.



Share on Facebook
Post a Comment